GypsyWriter picture journey
East Java offers too many options to explore in just three days, thus our road trip in that length of time only managed to cover certain parts of the region, but it was captivating nonetheless.
Buddhists celebrating Waisak at Borobudur temple last month voiced displeasure at how a horde of tourists disrupted worship activities. Here are some tips on how to enjoy Waisak as an onlooker while demonstrating respect toward those celebrating.
I really dislike when people mock Jesus. I do. I generally don’t talk about my faith online, but this has really gotten under my skin.
I don’t Photoshop ridiculous images of Buddha or poke fun at Allah, and I don’t intend to ever do so. I don’t see other people do so. I don’t openly target other people’s religions. Yes, I disagree with other religions. But I don’t let that affect my relationships with people of other faiths, or lack thereof. Each person is entitled to their own personal beliefs and I will not ever force what I believe down some other person’s throat. And I fully agree that many Christians are wrong in the way that they try to convince others to their faith. I try not to be one of those hypocrites.
Yet again and again I see images mocking, insulting Jesus. I’ve seen how much respect people can have for other religions on Tumblr. Why not mine?
Just as not all Muslim people are terrorists (in fact, I think most of them aren’t), not all Christians are stuck-up, ignorant hypocrites.To me, what I believe is as much a part of me as my skin color, my ethnicity, where I was born, what economic class I belong to.
I’m not saying that all jokes relating to Christianity are horrible. I’m not saying that Christians are the only ones who were ever wronged in the history of mankind, because that is clearly false. I’m not saying that everybody needs to stop posting those things immediately, because obviously, everybody here has the right to decide what they post.
Just please, consider having a little bit more respect for what I believe in. I’ll try my best to do the same for every one of you.
A few people have mentioned that the sentence up there was badly worded, and I fully agree. I was in a bad mood that night and didn’t think as carefully about my wording as I usually do. It was a poor comparison.
This is my official apology. I was simply going to ignore it and move on, but that would be wrong of me. I will do my best to be open and honest to whoever reads my words. Here is what I meant to say if I had been more lucid:
To clarify - just as the majority of Muslims are not terrorists (only a few out of millions are), the majority of Christians are not like the Westboro Batist Church and do not wish perdition on every human being on earth. And not all Christians are stuck-up hypocrites - you cannot sum up an entire group of people by one blatant stereotype. That goes for any group, whether it be religious or ethnic or economic.
1. For girls, Make up is not your best friend put just a little or nothing at all (remember sunscreen is not a makeup so don’t get it mixed you need it). embrace your young (problematic) skin! unless you’re a public figure and people judge your big pores. (trust me, those make up technique such as highlighting and contouring you will need in years to come, in mean time enjoy naked face while you’re in the age of almost not so innocence anymore.
2. For boys, don’t worry so much about not successfully landing on a girl’s heart or feel low self confidence. Shape yourself as more than just a boy. Girls fall in love with someone who can play guitar although you only know 5 basic chords.
3. Find your interest and do it while people still won’t judge you by mistakes you made. Buying expensive gadgets are not only for narcissistic - pretentious purposes, don’t be lazy, learned those buttons, apps, keep exploring and try to give your parents appreciation for money they spend on you!
4. Keep yourself educated - in whatever way you want. It’s a harsh world out there, so many talented bright people and trust me be the last in line must be sucks and if you normal, you don’t want this.
5. HAVE FUN. some things will feel overrated at certain ages, so live your life according to your age. Learn from the mistakes you made and hope people around you are not judgmental enough to keep remembering what stupidity you’ve done in the past.
6. Dress to your own music genre preference is not a problem but try to keep it normal. Showing your butt crack and have it captured in one of your photos would not be a memory you want to remember unless you were drunk and pregnant then you can say to your child the photo was memorable.
7. Things you overly fanatic about in most case is only a shame bullet that will shot back at you - well it can be a good memory but too much of something is not (or never) a good thing.
8. Give every people you know something positive to be remembered about yourself. Either you’re the friendly one, or helper, or the smart ass doesn’t matter, just give them some nice personality of you that you want them to remember in years to come “oh yes, XYZ I remember her she was a unique and creative” normal people will prefer this rather than “Ah XYZ the snob rich ass who is now poor”.
Enjoy being young and good luck sailing your teenage years!
it’s been quite awhile since the last time I update this blog and my portfolio with new photos and travel stories. Please know although I never said it bluntly, I really appreciate the positive inputs and appreciation also your time for dropping by here and there.
A little update : my notebook, camera and mobile phone are broken at the same time. Thankful for God’s blessings I’m in the moment of processing new devices to replace those three. Sad would not be a right word to say since I feel more grateful, I know this is the right time for some upgrades. I can’t wait to try new things and share it with all of you here, kind readers.
I’m also at the moment of adapting myself at new work place and plan some new projects which means traveling won’t be as dynamic as how I did in 2012 jumping here and there every months!
Back to blog and portfolio update, I can’t promise anything spectacular will happen but I try to give something more! You have my words. Missing picture moment is only temporary I would not let go of something I love dearly.
much love xx
Long time known to man that everyone is created to have partner, a soulmate, you name it. You have other person that will spend most of her/his life with you and it’s written somewhere in the universe. This is what people believe, some of them will be so lucky, some will think they don’t. They don’t find the one, they refused to be in a settled relationship or any decision taken about this thing : someone who is meant to be for you is exist, or not.
The question : why there’s should be fortune and unfortunate in this case? if we can say “she’s so lucky to find him and vice versa” it’s normal. We know it’s not easy, it could take long/short way for a couple to be in that point together. Then why not to find someone considered unlucky? while we know that every human being got different characteristics and mind, and it’s not so easy to find someone who can accept you how you are. Why this should be considered unlucky while it’s not an easy thing?
There’s a beautiful woman I know in her 40s , she’s intelligent and calm but not married should this be considered as unlucky? and there’s a man who have 5 mistresses and this is lucky? says who? God?
Does it mean they’re failed? pressured for something common culture created? Hard to understand the main reason for considering someone is unlucky for something that she or he probably (have) not found. Everything have reason and everything takes time. More important everyone have their own destiny and own pen to write about their own lives even though this mindset of 2 is luckier number than 1 is hard to change.
∆ Alt-J feat. Mountain Man // Buffalo
I need to open the old window where I can see the past flash back towards memory inside my brain. The youth that seems endless but it’s not. The time when everything seems feathery light. I don’t feel the weight of anything except sands inside my own pocket. I need something to hold on to but it’s not human, it’s not feeling, it’s a thing a harmonica that keeps me dancing.
I need to open the old window it’s a real mirror. it’s a timeless projector that won’t lie. Nobody knows what’s being played. They can only guess what’s inside. I feel safe, my secrets are safe. Some of them are inside of it playing but most of them automatically erased. What can I do? the brain projector is magic. it does what it wants. sometimes the feeling hurt and it stays. sometimes they’re replaced. they say it’s life. Projector of life.
I need to open the old window so I can be grateful and feel that life is full instead of dull. Nothing hurts me except seeing my fish stops swimming and my dog no longer have energy to run towards me. they get old as old as the window I would like to open and as myself. as how I see it, today.
Hanna Nabila, Personal Thought of a Time, March 2013.
For this year’s Great Performances portfolio, TIME asked fashion photographer Paola Kudacki to take portraits of 11 actors, all of whom have been recognized for their portrayals of either real people or historical characters in some of 2012’s best films.
Sunday random thought #1
Sometimes I question why absurd emotion works faster than (healthy) brain. There must be a good scientific explanation, brain is located at the top of our body and emotion an absurd psychology reaction (which clearly doesn’t have specific organ inside) can rule billion nerves and has ‘better’ control of our deeds.
Let’s find what it means. BRAIN, what are you? The brain is the center of the nervous system in all vertebrate and most invertebrate animals— It is located in the head, usually close to the primary sensory organs for such senses as vision, hearing, balance, taste, and smell. The brain of a vertebrate is the most complex organ of its body.
okay thanks Wikipedia, now let’s see what is emotion?emotion is often defined as a complex state of feeling that results in physical and psychological changes that influence thought and behavior.
So since brain is the most complex organ it creates complex sensation such as emotion? for easy example : you see your ex or someone you love walk hand in hand with another person, either you will cry and asking “whhhhyyy whhhyyyyy??” or you will feel hate and spray all the words of dirt “you son of A Bi82y41#((@@$)@ F****” (completely censored) and plan a revenge afterwards.
That’s example of emotion, you can react and respond so quick but why can it react good most of times, you know like “I see you with your new partner today I’m happy and wish you all the best” (like really happy not fake happy) why brain can’t just send positive signal at times when we should do it? Even without good words at least a silent treatment without have to be so aggressive. I wish there’s a brain and emotion remote control so we have some peace rather than fill our head with more problems since life already a problem itself.
Anyway I think it’s a mystery and I’m sure everyone have their own opinion, why don’t you share with me your thoughts? I look forward to it and maybe together we can discover simple formula of “Give your emotion positive signal from the brain” .